We're a full service digital agency looking to add to our brilliant team with the recruitment of an experienced PHP developer. The perfect candidate would be ready to work in a fast paced, busy, fun environment, where collaboration between the teams is key to our combined success.
As a PHP developer you will be able to work closely with a project manager to plan, craft and execute bespoke requirements from our clients. You will write clean, maintainable code and have a solid understanding of object orientated PHP, security implications, and DRY methodologies.
Whilst support is always available to help you develop, you will be capable of finding robust and elegant solutions to novel problems without the supervision of a senior developer. You will also be able to step into another developer's code and to effectively debug any issues that may be present.
What you will be doing:
- Bespoke development - you will be working for some of the biggest clients in Wales predominantly coding bespoke online solutions as part of our development team
- API integrations - we will look to you to when projects require complex integrations with third party web services – experience with PayPal, Stripe, Facebook or Twitter would be beneficial
- Team player - you will join a tight knit team of developers and will be expected to support colleagues and pitch in with CMS builds and client tickets
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced coder - you have real world experience of common development challenges such as shopping baskets, multistep forms and blogs
- PHP + MySQL - whilst we love frameworks, you need to have the understanding to be able to code complex bespoke systems with raw PHP/MySQL alone
- Problem solving - you are confident in your ability meaning that you choose the simplest solution to a problem first and then build from there as required
- Pragmatic - your coding decisions are based on real life experience and you find a good balance between performance and maintainability
- Systematic - unphased by complex problems that arise – rigorous in testing your own code for a number of different implications
- Initiative - you are quick to learn new things and able to effectively find answers to any questions or problems that you come across
- Minimum 3 years of experience with PHP
- Solid understanding of OOP
- Robust understanding of security implications
- Comfortable with both local and remote development in a LAMP environment
- Capable of writing secure and efficient MySQL queries to solve a problem
- Ability to build bespoke requirements using MVC methodologies
- REST APIs
- Payment gateway integrations
- Extensive experience with an open source CMS
The following skills would be a big bonus:
- Ability to follow coding standards (PSR-2)
- GIT version control
- CSS + SASS
As a member of the Spindogs team we would expect:
- A team player
- Excellent communication skills
- A calm, organised and methodical mindset
- Fast learner – you love a challenge don't need to be told the same thing twice
- Strong work ethic – you go the extra mile to find new ways to constantly improve your output
- Commitment to your own personal and professional development
In exchange we will work hard to keep the atmosphere great and keep your package competitive. You can expect:
- Regular socials, varying from the going to the pub to more energetic activities
- Profit share related bonus ensuring staff are rewarded financially for continued success
- Childcare voucher scheme if you have a young family
- Pension related benefits
- A great office culture with Sonos throughout
- To work with awesome people – we're all about office laughs
If you believe you are the perfect candidate please send us your covering letter and CV by ASAP detailing your recent experience and why you feel you would be perfect for the role.
If we feel we would work well together we'll invite you in for an informal chat as soon as possible.
- 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Salary to be agreed based on experience
- All applications and queries should be sent to Amanda Williams via email@example.com
- Please no agencies - we would love to hear from the candidates themselves!