We’re looking for a talented and experienced Account Director to manage and develop our Account Management teams and deliver best in class strategic direction to Spindogs’ broad portfolio of clients.
Reporting to both the Digital Marketing & Creative Services Director and Head of Client Services, the ideal candidate will be someone with a track record of managing effective client teams. Working closely with our team of multi-discipline AMs, you will be responsible for ensuring best practice methodology is implemented, client relationships are strengthened for commercial benefit and results are compelling.
A knack for asking the right questions and understanding the bigger picture is crucial, as you will need to quickly get to the roots of client challenges and develop realistic and winning strategies. A passion for achieving tangible results for clients is a must, in addition to developing the strategic skillset of your teams.
A background in web, brand or digital marketing is preferable, but demonstration of managing high-level client relationships in a wide range of industries is key to the role.
The perfect candidate would be ready to work in a fast-paced, fun environment, where collaboration between teams is key to our combined success and having a passion for achieving tangible results for colleagues and clients is a must. You will be working on multiple client accounts in addition to performing management responsibilities and should be comfortable with a changeable workload and be able to organise and prioritise accordingly.
Initially working remotely, the role would be based at our head office in Cardiff and you would be expected to attend both client meetings and key team meetings/social events with your colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A results-driven and commercial mentality with an innate ability to uncover and understand client challenges and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills – building lasting relationships as trusted advisors grounded in honesty is key to the role’s success
- Practical and measurable experience of delivering successful client strategies and services
- The ability to develop successful and commercially aware teams
- Experience of successfully handling challenging client situations to achieve positive outcomes
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the existing AM teams and delivery teams to meet and exceed client expectations
- Client liaison, including regular site visits, calls and email comms
- Development of individual client strategies and management of their implementation through the delivery team
- Accurate maintenance of client budgets, forecasts and expenditure
- Providing strategic digital marketing support to the business development (BD) team
- Developing best in practice process and systems
- Liaising with departmental heads to build cross-team integrations
- Applying wider market knowledge and innovative solutions to meet client objectives
In return for your services you will get:
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- A part of our profit share scheme
- A benefits package including private medical insurance
- Regular socials and team activities
Excellent communication skills are key to this role and proactivity is a quality we look for in all of our candidates.
If you think you are perfect for this position please send your covering letter and CV to Amanda at [email protected] at the earliest opportunity. We will be closing the position to applications on Friday 30th July 2021
Please remember that we do not accept CVs that are not accompanied by a covering letter, as the covering letter is your opportunity to tell us why you are right for the role - don’t miss out on your opportunity to impress!
If you are a recruitment agent please do not get in touch, we have existing relationships with trusted partners who we can call on if we need them. We will not respond positively to uninvited emails or calls.