We’re looking for a talented and experienced Business Development specialist to play a pivotal role in our quest to add to our global client base, tackle bigger challenges than ever before and provide unique digital innovation and brand transformation solutions to forward thinking organisations. Reporting to the Head of Client Services, the ideal candidate will be someone with a track record of engaging prospective customers in order to build a strong pipeline of business.
A knack for asking the right questions and understanding the bigger picture is crucial, as you will need to quickly get to the roots of client challenges and develop realistic and winning tenders and proposals. A passion for building strong personal relationships is more important than a win-at-all costs mentality, although a blend of both would be ideal.
A background in web, brand or digital marketing is preferable, but demonstration of converting opportunities in a wide range of industries is key to the role.
The perfect candidate would be ready to work in a fast-paced, fun environment, where collaboration between teams is key to our combined success and having a passion for achieving tangible results for colleagues and clients is a must. In addition to performing management responsibilities you will be working in close partnership with our marketing and account management teams, so should be comfortable with a changeable workload and able to organise and prioritise accordingly.
Initially working remotely, the role would be based at our head office in Cardiff and you would be expected to attend both prospect meetings and key team meetings/social events with your colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A results-driven and commercial mentality with an innate ability to uncover and understand client challenges and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills-building lasting relationships grounded in honesty is key to the role’s success.
- Practical and measurable experience of identifying and converting commercial opportunities.
- The ability to develop and motivate successful and commercially aware teams.
- Experience of successfully responding to written and verbal briefs in a variety of different formats, including tender responses and creative proposals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the business development team with the business strategy in mind, ensuring reputation, capacity and profitability are understood and both utilised and protected in equal measure.
- Managing and motivating the team.
- Working with the Executive Leadership team to agree and deliver on commercial targets.
- Leading on our response to new business opportunities, qualifying and converting those that are relevant to our stated focus sectors.
- Alongside the marketing team, identifying and attracting new prospect organisations.
- Building relationships with prospects and working to understand how our portfolio of services can be applied to meet their unique business challenges.
- Development and maintenance of agreed performance metrics for the department, ensuring that the wider business can see the value of its work.
- Developing best in practice process and systems.
- Liaising with departmental heads to build cross-team integrations.
- Applying wider market knowledge and innovative solutions to meet departmental objectives.
Our culture – As a member of the Spindogs team we would expect:
- Team player – looking to make a positive difference to the office culture
- Fast learner – you love a challenge and don’t need to be told the same thing twice
- Strong work ethic – you go the extra mile to find new ways to constantly improve your output
Working in a role that you enjoy isn’t the only perk you’ll receive at Spindogs. Extra benefits you can expect include:
- A welcoming onboarding process. We know how strange it can be to start a new job, especially remotely. With our onboarding process, you’ll get the chance to meet the whole team and experience what it’s really like to work at Spindogs, even if it is from behind a screen.
- A chance to work at one of the largest web agencies in Wales. With over 60 team members (and still growing!) you’ll join a team of creative and inspiring individuals, all considered to be experts in their digital fields.
- A place to voice your opinion and make a difference. If you have ideas about how we can improve the way we operate, then we’re all ears! We’re always up for hearing new ideas, especially if they’ll improve the experiences of our staff and clients.
- A thriving culture to get involved in. Thanks to our dedicated ‘Culture Club’, we have a constant stream of socials to look forward to, from after-work drinks to Drag Queen Bingo!
- A supportive environment for development and growth. Whether an internal training course or an external qualification, we always encourage professional development and will cheer you on from the side-lines as you progress.
- A flexible work-life balance. Times have changed and so have we. Whilst we have a fantastic office to work from, we give you the freedom to decide what working arrangement works best for you.
- A part in our profit share scheme. As a thank you for all your hard work, you’ll receive an annual bonus from our profit share scheme, where we divide the company profits amongst all team members.
- A private health insurance package with generous rewards. We are partnered with Vitality Health which provides fast access to high-quality healthcare. It even covers a range of treatments that aren’t included under the NHS.
If you think you are perfect for this position, please attached your covering letter and CV below at the earliest opportunity. We will be closing the position to applications on Thursday 31st March 2022.
Please remember that we do not accept CVs that are not accompanied by a covering letter, as the covering letter is your opportunity to tell us why you are right for the role – don’t miss out on your opportunity to impress!
If you are a recruitment agent please do not get in touch, we have existing relationships with trusted partners who we can call on if we need them. We will not respond positively to uninvited emails or calls