We’re looking for a talented and experienced Client Support Representative to work with Spindogs’ broad portfolio of clients.
Reporting to the Head of Client Services, the role of the Client Support Representative is to deliver excellent client support across a range of digital services (websites, online systems, online marketing). Organisation and teamwork are essential, as you will play a vital role in our client support department, which is responsible for the day-to-day requests that we receive from our clients via email and phone.
You must be adept at handling a number of different support requests every day and being the liaison between the client and our delivery teams. Every request must be handled quickly and efficiently, some you may be able to complete yourself and some will involve briefing and scheduling with the wider team. You may also need to manage small projects, ensuring all work is completed in line with agreed timeframes and budgets.
This is a role where good communication is essential and so we are looking for someone who has previous experience in a client support or relationship management role. If you have agency experience this is a bonus.
Initially remote working, the role would be based at our head office in Cardiff and you would be expected to attend key team meetings and social events with your colleagues, many of which would take place in South Wales.
The ideal candidate would already have:
- Previous web agency experience or experience within an organisations digital marketing team
- At least 1 year experience in a customer support role
- Experience using a content management system (for example: WordPress, Umbraco, etc)
- An appreciation of the importance of teamwork
- Great communication skills
- A calm, organised and methodical mind-set
- The ability to learn quickly – you don’t need to be told the same thing twice
- A commitment to their own personal and professional development
As a member of the Spindogs team we would expect:
- Team player – looking to make a positive difference to the office culture
- Fast learner – you love a challenge and don’t need to be told the same thing twice
- Strong work ethic – you go the extra mile to find new ways to constantly improve your output
Working in a role that you enjoy isn’t the only perk you’ll receive at Spindogs. Extra benefits you can expect include:
- A welcoming onboarding process. We know how strange it can be to start a new job, especially remotely. With our onboarding process, you’ll get the chance to meet the whole team and experience what it’s really like to work at Spindogs, even if it is from behind a screen.
- A chance to work at one of the largest full service digital agencies in Wales. With over 60 team members (and growing!) you’ll join a team of creative and inspiring individuals, all considered to be experts in their fields.
- A place to voice your opinion and make a difference. If you have ideas about how we can improve the way we operate, then we’re all ears! We’re always up for hearing new ideas, especially if they’ll improve the experiences of our staff and clients.
- A thriving culture to get involved in. Thanks to our dedicated ‘Culture Club’, we have regular socials to look forward to including virtual events, so it is inclusive of all at Spindogs no matter where they are in the UK, from after-work drinks, departmental lunches to Drag Queen Bingo!
- A supportive environment for development and growth. Whether an internal training course or an external qualification, we always encourage professional development and will support your progression..
- A flexible work-life balance. Times have changed and so have we. Whilst we have a fantastic office to work from, we also appreciate the freedom to work from home and flexible working options..
- A part in our profit share scheme. As a thank you for all your hard work, you’ll receive an annual bonus from our profit share scheme.
- A private health insurance package with generous rewards. We are partnered with Vitality Health which provides fast access to high-quality healthcare. It even covers a range of treatments that aren’t included under the NHS.
If you believe you are the perfect candidate please apply via the contact form below and attach your covering letter and CV detailing your recent experience and why you feel you would be perfect for the role.
If we feel that you’d work well together with us, we’ll invite you in for an informal chat as soon as possible.
- 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Salary to be agreed based on experience
- All applicants should fill out the form below
- Please no agencies – we would love to hear from the candidates themselves!