We’re looking for a talented and passionate Designer with experience in designing for web to work with Spindogs’ broad portfolio of clients.
Your main responsibility will be to produce creative solutions based on understanding of client requirements and informed expertise. You will need to be well versed in interrogating briefs and liaising with clients to obtain key information. We pride ourselves in going the extra mile for our clients and forge lasting relationships built through collaboration, hard work and trust. Both clients and Spindogs will expect you to lead and own the design phase of your projects.
The perfect candidate would be ready to work in a fast-paced, fun environment, where collaboration between teams is key to our combined success. You will be working with multiple clients and individuals and should be comfortable with a changeable workload and be able to organise and prioritise accordingly.
The role would be a combination of remote working and working from our head office in Cardiff and you would be expected to attend key team meetings and social events with your colleagues, many of which would take place in South Wales and would be adhering to the latest guidance on Covid-19, where necessary.
- Lead on creative projects including web, brand and print
- Own your projects by leading creative client meetings and build strong collaborative relationships
- Work with our project managers to navigate client feedback to find the best design solutions
- Prep designs for our development teams and collaborate with them to ensure your designs transition accurately to a live site
- Animation skills would be a major bonus but not essential
The ideal candidate will:
- Have expertise in Sketch – you’ll need to be able to hit the ground running, and familiarity with the software is essential
- Have a calm and methodical approach, ensuring that time is managed effectively in line with client priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills-building lasting relationships is key to the role’s success
- Communicate your ideas clearly and educate clients in a way they can understand
- Prepare and research so that your ideas are informed and purposeful
- Be eager to request more work or help other teams if you find yourself with spare time
- Have a thirst for continually developing your skills and processes
- Be commercially aware of budgets by completing projects within deadlines.
As a member of the Spindogs team we would expect:
- Team player – looking to make a positive difference to the office culture
- Fast learner – you love a challenge and don’t need to be told the same thing twice
- Strong work ethic – you go the extra mile to find new ways to constantly improve your output
Working in a role that you enjoy isn’t the only perk you’ll receive at Spindogs. Extra benefits you can expect include:
- A welcoming onboarding process. We know how strange it can be to start a new job, especially remotely. With our onboarding process, you’ll get the chance to meet the whole team and experience what it’s really like to work at Spindogs, even if it is from behind a screen.
- A chance to work at one of the largest digital agencies in Wales. With over 70 team members (and still growing!) you’ll join a team of creative and inspiring individuals, all considered to be experts in their fields.
- A place to voice your opinion and make a difference. If you have ideas about how we can improve the way we operate, then we’re all ears! We’re always up for hearing new ideas, especially if they’ll improve the experiences of our staff and clients.
- A thriving culture to get involved in. Thanks to our dedicated ‘Culture Club’, we have a constant stream of socials to look forward to, from after-work drinks to Drag Queen Bingo!
- A supportive environment for development and growth. Whether an internal training course or an external qualification, we always encourage professional development and will cheer you on from the side-lines as you progress.
- A flexible work-life balance. Times have changed and so have we. Whilst we have a fantastic office to work from, we give you the freedom to decide what working arrangement works best for you.
- A part in our profit share scheme. As a thank you for all your hard work, you’ll receive an annual bonus from our profit share scheme, where we divide a portion of the company profits amongst all team members.
- A private health insurance package with generous rewards. We are partnered with Vitality Health which provides fast access to high-quality healthcare as well as offers and discounts with leading brands. It even covers a range of treatments that aren’t included under the NHS.
If you believe you are the perfect candidate, please attach your covering letter, CV and Portfolio below.
Please remember that we do not accept CVs that are not accompanied by a covering letter, as the covering letter is your opportunity to tell us why you are right for the role – don’t miss out on your opportunity to impress!
If you are a recruitment agent please do not get in touch, we have existing relationships with trusted partners who we can call on if we need them. We will not respond positively to uninvited emails or calls.