We’re an established and growing digital agency situated in the heart of Cardiff Bay, looking to add an experienced frontend developer to our amazing team.
We are seeking an experienced frontend developer who is comfortable leading on web projects and supporting clients technically. As a part of our frontend development team you will work on a wide variety of external and internal projects, translating designs into clean, consistent and considered code. You’ll be passionate about your self-development and aware of what’s going on in the industry. You’ll appreciate sharing your knowledge among other members of the team and with other people within the organisation. You’ll be driven by quality, attention to detail and have creative flair.
- Awareness of CSS methodologies such as BEM and the ability to build modular, structured CSS
- A good understanding of accessibility guidelines for WCAG 2.1
- Familiarity with build tools such as Gulp and Webpack
- Ability to think Mobile First
- Must be comfortable estimating work
- Must have 2+ years agency experience
Nice to have’s
- A grasp of Azure DevOps (task based working and working in sprints)
- An understanding of content management systems (We use WordPress/Umbraco/Kentico/Sitecore)
- Experience working in an agency environment
Our culture – as a member of the Spindogs team we would expect:
- Team player – looking to make a positive difference to the organisations culture
- Fast learner – you love a challenge and don’t need to be told the same thing twice
- Strong work ethic – you go the extra mile to find new ways to constantly improve your output
- In exchange we will work hard to keep the atmosphere great and keep your package competitive
Working in a role that you enjoy isn’t the only perk you’ll receive at Spindogs. Extra benefits you can expect include:
- A welcoming onboarding process. We know how strange it can be to start a new job, especially remotely. With our onboarding process, you’ll get the chance to meet the whole team and experience what it’s really like to work at Spindogs, even if it is from behind a screen.
- A chance to work at one of the largest full service digital agencies in Wales. With over 60 team members (and growing!) you’ll join a team of creative and inspiring individuals, all considered to be experts in their fields.
- A place to voice your opinion and make a difference. If you have ideas about how we can improve the way we operate, then we’re all ears! We’re always up for hearing new ideas, especially if they’ll improve the experiences of our staff and clients.
- A thriving culture to get involved in. Thanks to our dedicated ‘Culture Club’, we have regular socials to look forward to including virtual events, so it is inclusive of all at Spindogs no matter where they are in the UK, from after-work drinks, departmental lunches to Drag Queen Bingo!
- A supportive environment for development and growth. Whether an internal training course or an external qualification, we always encourage professional development and will support your progression..
- A flexible work-life balance. Times have changed and so have we. Whilst we have a fantastic office to work from, we also appreciate the freedom to work from home and flexible working options..
- A part in our profit share scheme. As a thank you for all your hard work, you’ll receive an annual bonus from our profit share scheme.
- A private health insurance package with generous rewards. We are partnered with Vitality Health which provides fast access to high-quality healthcare. It even covers a range of treatments that aren’t included under the NHS.
At the moment, we are all working remotely and our plans for the future include adopting a hybrid working model. Please bear in mind when apply for this role that you will, in the near future, be expected to be based from our Cardiff Bay office at least once a week.
If we feel that you’d work well together with us, we’ll invite you to an informal chat as soon as possible. Apply by filling out the contact form below.
UK Based – Location flexible
Salary to be agreed based on experience
Please no agencies – we would love to hear from the candidates themselves