We’re looking for a talented and experienced Senior Account Manager to deliver best-in-class strategic direction to Spindogs’ broad portfolio of clients. In Spindogs, we call our Account Managers, Business Partners.
The role of a Senior Business Partner (Senior Account Manager) is to be the primary point of contact for our clients for every interaction. You will work closely alongside your clients, becoming an integral part of their teams and helping them extract value from our expertise that makes a tangible difference to their bottom line. You will take ownership of overseeing all areas of our delivery and ensuring each client has the best possible experience of working with Spindogs. You will need to be comfortable working across a range of sectors, each having varying objectives and budgets.
A knack for asking the right questions and understanding the bigger picture is crucial, as you will need to quickly get to the roots of client challenges and develop realistic and winning strategies. A passion for achieving tangible results for clients is a must, in addition to developing the strategic skillset of your teams.
A background in web, brand or digital marketing is preferable, but a demonstration of managing high-level client relationships in a wide range of industries is key to the role
The perfect candidate would be ready to work in a fast-paced, fun environment, where collaboration between teams is key to our combined success and having a passion for achieving tangible results for colleagues and clients is a must. You will be working on multiple client accounts in addition to performing management responsibilities and should be comfortable with a changeable workload and be able to organise and prioritise accordingly.
The role is based at our head office in Cardiff, but we can support remote applicants within the UK. You would be expected to attend both client meetings and key team meetings/social events with your colleagues in the Cardiff office.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A results-driven and commercial mentality with an innate ability to uncover and understand client challenges and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills – building lasting relationships as trusted advisors grounded in honesty is key to the role’s success
- Practical and measurable experience in delivering successful client strategies and services
- An in-depth and applicable understanding of the digital landscape
- Experience in successfully handling challenging client situations to achieve positive outcomes
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the main point of contact for clients, and their champion with Spindogs. This includes overseeing the project delivery of work to agreed timescales and specifications.
- Client liaison, including regular site visits, calls and email comms
- Development of client strategy and management of implementation through the delivery teams
- Identifying opportunities for future growth within each client, working with the wider team to nurture and convert said opportunities.
- Ensuring consistent (and uncompromising) superior client service standards.
- Accurate maintenance of client budgets, forecasts and expenditure
- Working with the delivery teams to meet and exceed client expectations
- Providing strategic digital marketing support to the business development (BD) team
- Developing best-in-practice processes and systems
- Applying wider market knowledge and innovative solutions to meet client objectives
As a member of the Spindogs team, we would expect:
- Team player – looking to make a positive difference in the office culture
- Fast learner – you love a challenge and don’t need to be told the same thing twice
- Strong work ethic – you go the extra mile to find new ways to improve your output constantly
Working in a role that you enjoy isn’t the only perk you’ll receive at Spindogs. Extra benefits you can expect include:
- A welcoming onboarding process. We know how strange it can be to start a new job, especially remotely. With our onboarding process, you’ll get the chance to meet the whole team and experience what it’s really like to work at Spindogs, even if it is from behind a screen.
- A chance to work at one of the largest web agencies in Wales. With over 60 team members (and still growing!) you’ll join a team of creative and inspiring individuals, all considered to be experts in their digital fields.
- A place to voice your opinion and make a difference. If you have ideas about how we can improve how we operate, then we’re all ears! We’re always up for hearing new ideas, especially if they’ll improve the experiences of our staff and clients.
- A thriving culture to get involved in. Thanks to our dedicated ‘Culture Club’, we have a constant stream of socials to look forward to, from after-work drinks to Drag Queen Bingo!
- A supportive environment for development and growth. Whether an internal training course or an external qualification, we always encourage professional development and will cheer you on from the side-lines as you progress.
- A flexible work-life balance. Times have changed and so have we. Whilst we have a fantastic office to work from, we give you the freedom to decide what working arrangement works best for you.
- A private health insurance package with generous rewards. We are partnered with Vitality Health which provides fast access to high-quality healthcare. It even covers a range of treatments that aren’t included under the NHS.
- Excellent communication skills are key to this role and proactivity is a quality we look for in all of our candidates.
If we feel we would work well together we’ll invite you in for an informal chat as soon as possible.
- 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Salary to be agreed upon based on experience