We’re a full-service digital agency looking to add to our brilliant team with the recruitment of a Solutions Architect, and we’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a role that involves a high degree of collaboration across the full team and in a fast paced environment.
Your main responsibility will be working closely with our business development and project management teams, helping to ensure the relevant quotes have a detailed technical specification and breakdown of the associated costs, to ensure the client has a full understanding of the project deliverables and that there is then a seamless understanding for the delivery team of what the project entails.
You will need to work closely with the technical teams, helping to improve and drive our internal processes related to your side of the business.
You will also need to be confident prioritising and focusing on client outcomes and be as invested in our clients’ success as we are.
Our main office is in Cardiff Bay, however, we have a robust remote working setup and currently all of our team are working remotely due to Covid-19, therefore we are flexible to the location of candidates. Once client meetings are face to face again the right candidate needs to be comfortable that there will be a degree of travel for meetings when required. We anticipate the majority of this travel will be UK based, with the occasional requirement of going to mainland Europe.
We’re looking for someone who has experience in the following areas:
- Ability to extract project requirements and produce technical specifications (incl use cases)
- Oversee project build to ensure aligned with technical specification
- Distil the technical specification into Epics/Features/Requirements
- Maintain and improve all technical specification processes and documentation
- Background in development
It would be great if you also have experience:
- Proposing top level database design
- Reading and understanding technical documentation (e.g. API specifications)
- Working on SaaS projects
All candidates should be confident communicators, both written and verbal, and be comfortable in a presentation environment. You should also be able to show you have a commitment to your own personal and professional development.
In exchange we will work hard to keep the atmosphere great and keep your package competitive.
As a member of the Spindogs team we would expect:
Team player – looking to make a positive difference to the office culture
Fast learner – you love a challenge and don’t need to be told the same thing twice
Strong work ethic – you go the extra mile to find new ways to constantly improve your output
Working in a role that you enjoy isn’t the only perk you’ll receive at Spindogs. Extra benefits you can expect include:
- A welcoming onboarding process. We know how strange it can be to start a new job, especially remotely. With our onboarding process, you’ll get the chance to meet the whole team and experience what it’s really like to work at Spindogs, even if it is from behind a screen.
- A chance to work at one of the largest web agencies in Wales. With over 60 team members (and still growing!) you’ll join a team of creative and inspiring individuals, all considered to be experts in their digital fields.
- A place to voice your opinion and make a difference. If you have ideas about how we can improve the way we operate, then we’re all ears! We’re always up for hearing new ideas, especially if they’ll improve the experiences of our staff and clients.
- A thriving culture to get involved in. Thanks to our dedicated ‘Culture Club’, we have a constant stream of socials to look forward to, from after-work drinks to Drag Queen Bingo!
- A supportive environment for development and growth. Whether an internal training course or an external qualification, we always encourage professional development and will cheer you on from the side-lines as you progress.
- A flexible work-life balance. Times have changed and so have we. Whilst we have a fantastic office to work from, we give you the freedom to decide what working arrangement works best for you.
- A part in our profit share scheme. As a thank you for all your hard work, you’ll receive an annual bonus from our profit share scheme, where we divide the company profits amongst all team members.
- A private health insurance package with generous rewards. We are partnered with Vitality Health which provides fast access to high-quality healthcare. It even covers a range of treatments that aren’t included under the NHS.
If you believe you are the perfect candidate please send us your covering letter and CV as soon as possible, detailing your recent experience and why you feel you would be perfect for the role.
Due to the specifics of this role a full UK driving license would be preferable.
If we feel we would work well together we’ll invite you in for an informal chat as soon as possible.
- 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Salary to be agreed based on experience
- All applications and queries should be sent using the form below
Please remember that we do not accept CV’s that are not accompanied by a covering letter, the covering letter is your opportunity to tell us why you are right for the role, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
If you are a recruitment agent please do not get in touch, we have existing relationships with trusted partners who we can call on if we need them, we will not respond to uninvited emails or calls.