Spindogs are an established full service marketing agency with a team of 63 headquartered in Cardiff with coverage across the UK. We have a tight knit, friendly environment packed full of passionate and skilled experts to learn and bounce off and we’re looking to add another experienced digital designer to hit the ground running.
We work with some amazing clients of all shapes and sizes. This includes global automotive companies, large memberships organisations, ecommerce, charities, education and everything in between. Your core tasks will be designing bespoke websites of varying sizes and complexity, creating digital marketing materials for both external and internal projects with some print and brand projects too. Your role will be truly varied and creatively rewarding.
If you want to join our design team you’ll be, above all else, passionate about what you do. We pride ourselves in going the extra mile for our clients and forge lasting relationships built through collaboration, hard work and trust. Both clients and Spindogs will expect you to lead and own the design phase of your projects. You will produce creative solutions based on understanding of client requirements and informed expertise. You will need to be well versed in interrogating briefs and liaising with clients to obtain key information.
You must have experience in designing bespoke website layouts and a body of work to prove it. You know that creating websites isn’t just about design but about client discovery, planning, preparation, user empathy and experience. You’re accustomed to thinking 10 steps ahead and are confident in communicating to developers how you want your solutions to function and feel on an ever-changing digital landscape and the devices it’s viewed on.
You will be entering a fast-paced agency environment so you know communication is king. No two projects run the same, so being adaptable and able to think on your feet across multiple projects is essential. Everyone at Spindogs is proactive in their personal development and professional growth and we expect you to be the same. Whether it’s learning new skills, methodologies or technologies, everyone brings something different to the table.
Currently all of our team are successfully working remotely, however, should we return to our previous working arrangements within the next 3-6 months you will be based at our head office in Cardiff for much of the working week.
- Develop UX led wireframes into highly polished, bespoke web layouts that are visually engaging and functionally seamless based on client briefs and user requirements
- Own your projects by leading creative client meetings and build strong collaborative relationships.
- Work with our project managers to navigate client feedback to find the best design solutions
- Ensure high standards are maintained via quality checks.
- Prep designs for our development teams and collaborate with them to ensure your designs transition accurately to a live site.
- Proactively support our in house marketing team with ideas for content in line with marketing strategies
- Expertise in Sketch - you’ll need to be able to hit the ground running, and familiarity with the software is essential.
- Animation skills would be a major bonus but not essential
The ideal candidate will:
- Be accustomed to the fast paced agency life and able to work on multiple projects at once
- Know that communicating with other teams to keep them updated on progress is essential
- Communicate your ideas clearly and educate clients in a way they can understand
- Prepare and research so that your ideas are informed and purposeful.
- Be eager to request more work or help other teams if you find yourself with spare time
- Have a thirst for continually developing your skills and processes
Be commercially aware of budgets by completing projects within deadlines.
In exchange, we will work hard to keep up the great atmosphere and keep your package competitive. You can expect:
- Private health care benefits
- Regular socials organised by teams members via our culture club, varying from the going to the pub to more energetic activities
- Profit share bonus ensuring staff are rewarded financially for the continued success of the company
- Childcare voucher scheme if you have a young family
- Pension related benefits
- An environment full of like minded people to learn and grow with
- To eat sweets and cake regularly (too much if anything)
- A lot of film and music chat
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Dependent on experience
If you think you are perfect for this position please send your covering letter, CV and portfolio to [email protected] at the earliest opportunity.
Please remember that we do not accept CV’s that are not accompanied by a covering letter, the covering letter is your opportunity to tell us why you are right for the role, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
If you are a recruitment agent please do not get in touch, we have existing relationships with trusted partners who we can call on if we need them, we will not respond positively to uninvited emails or calls.