We're an established and growing digital agency situated in the heart of Cardiff Bay looking to add a new WordPress developer to our brilliant team.
Whilst we are well known for our design skills and producing engaging commercial websites, we also spend a lot of our time building and maintaining bespoke online systems for some of the worlds biggest automotive brands including Hyundai and Triumph.
We are proud to have a well respected team of developers with expertise on both the PHP and .NET stacks and over 100 years of software experience combined! We would love to find the right person to join us as we line up a number of brand new big name clients.
What you will be doing
As a WordPress developer you will be working closely with a project manager to plan, craft and build CMS solutions for our clients. You will write clean, maintainable code and have a solid understanding of object oriented programming, MVC principles, version control workflows, and security implications.
The ideal candidate
Whilst support is always available to help you develop and grow - you will be capable of finding robust and elegant solutions to novel problems without the supervision of a senior developer. You will also be able to step into another developer's code and debug any issues that may be present in an effective manner.
- Experienced - you have real world experience of common development challenges and design patterns
- Problem solver - you choose the simplest solution to a problem first and then build from there as required
- Pragmatic - your coding decisions are based on real life experience and you find a good balance between abstraction, performance and maintainability
- Systematic - unphased by complex problems that arise – rigorous in testing your own code for a number of different implications
- Initiative - you are quick to learn new things and able to effectively find answers to any questions or problems that you come across
To perform this role well you will need the following essential skills:
- Solid understanding of WordPress
- Robust understanding of security implications (eg. SQLIA, XSS, CSRF)
- Server side templating languages (eg. Twig/Blade)
- Comfortable with both local and remote development in a LAMP environment
The following skills would be a big bonus:
Ability to follow coding standards (PSR-2 / PSR-12)
- Knowledge of GIT version control workflows
- Integration with payment gateways (eg. Sagepay/Braintree)
- Unit testing and TDD
As a member of the Spindogs team we would expect:
- Team player - looking to make a positive difference to the office culture
- Fast learner - you love a challenge and don't need to be told the same thing twice
- Strong work ethic - you go the extra mile to find new ways to constantly improve your output
- In exchange, we will work hard to keep the atmosphere great and keep your package competitive. You can expect:
- Regular socials varying from the going to the pub to more energetic activities
- Profit share related bonus ensuring staff are rewarded financially for continued success
- Pension related benefits
- A great office culture with Sonos throughout
If you believe you are the perfect candidate please send us your CV including recent experience and (more importantly) a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be perfect for the role.
If we feel that you’d work well together with us, we'll invite you in for an informal chat as soon as possible.
- 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Salary to be agreed based on experience
- All applications and queries should be sent to Amanda Williams via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please no agencies - we would love to hear from the candidates themselves