A new website
A key deliverable of Phase 1 is an attractive and useful new website with a design, content and ‘ease of use’ mix that will have very wide appeal and reflect properly the Ramblers’ status as Britain’s walking charity.
The new website, which aims to be ‘best in class’ in the walking sector, will provide perceived benefits to Ramblers members and walkers in general, and improve the Ramblers’ ability to take forward its charitable aims, generate income and recruit and retain members.
Features of the new website will include:
- fresh design and consistent messaging and branding
- clear navigation with a more dynamic feel
- structure which is tailored for the user and not the internal Ramblers organisation
- interactive content such as social media, blogs and video
- clear, integrated and targeted information to key audiences including members, volunteers, campaigners and the walking public
- website advertising / income generation
- donations and volunteer fundraising
- partnership and sponsorship opportunities
- support for electronic campaigning including polls, petitions, electronic appeals
- support for fundraising activity including appeals, raffles
- ability to send e-communications to users and for users to manage their preferences in this regard online
- ‘Ramblers Routes’ interactive mapping
Improved member servicing and processing via CRM integration
The project will deliver streamlined and more effective membership processes including joining, donating, updating personal details through integration with our CRM (Iris Integra)
Improvements will include:
- Members will be able to update personal details, communication channels and mailing preferences
- Automated electronic welcome pack for new members
- Automated electronic ‘thank you’ letters
- Automated renewal notifications and reminder emails
- Synchronisation and reconciliation of all online transactions and updates to personal information
- Electronic membership cards
- End to end processing of new member applications and renewals
Content Management System
A reliable, scalable and user-friendly Content Management System (CMS) which enables us to effectively and quickly add, edit and remove content and manage all aspects of our websites, providing creativity and design flexibility for web editors while maintaining consistency in formatting, style and quality.
Working with exeGesIS Spatial Data Management, we have developed the ‘Routes Builder’ system – an online tool for route volunteers (www.ramblersroutes.org). It enables Ramblers volunteers to develop and check high quality walking routes. The Routes Builder system will be launched to Ramblers members in March 2012.
This will be followed by an intensive period of route development, in preparation for displaying the routes to registered users and members in the new website.
The supplier will need to work with exeGesIS to deliver / render the routes on the Ramblers website.
Full project through development of personas, site mapping and wireframing into design, development, launch and support
- Integrated Sitecore with The Ramblers membership system Integra
- Deployed to The Ramblers incumbent hosting provider iomart
- Brought the Walk Magazine onto the website
- Developed new user journeys for joining
- Integrated with mapping solutions provided by exeGesIS – https://www.esdm.co.uk/
- Worked with The Ramblers on load and vulnerability testing
- Integrated production of newsletters into website
- Developed location based services to help users find walks
- Optimised the site for responsive behaviour
- Worked on campaign specific pages
“It has been a pleasure working with all the staff at Spindogs who have proved themselves to be creative, reliable, supportive, knowledgeable and flexible. They have worked hard with us to deliver a site of which we can all be proud”