As part of our series of meet the team, we're shining the light on the SEO team. We get up close and personal with Chelsea, our in-house online marketer. Chelsea tells us why her role is important and some of the reasons why SEO is so vital to digital marketing.
Search Engine Marketing
WhY is your specialism important?
- It’s important because it focuses on both PPC and SEO, so I work on optimising websites for organic and paid search
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) works to ensure your website can be found when people are searching for keywords related to your business
- Through SEM you can target people based on their search intent which is important when adjusting the copy in your adverts, your calls to action and your landing pages
- Over 30 billion searches are performed on Google yearly, so it’s good to get in front of just a few of those
Tell us about your background and industry experience:
I worked in marketing and sales with a publishing company straight out of university, and then went on to work as a SEO executive in another digital agency where I learnt the ropes of search engine marketing.
Which clients do you work with:
I work with a range of clients across from African Conservation Experience – SEO, to Polypouch – PPC campaigns to Thomas Lloyd – SEO
Can you tell us any stand out results of any projects you have worked on:
- Cardiff University How Good Is My Job – Through digital marketing efforts, the survey submissions increased by 95%
- 20Twenty Business Growth – Increased free taster submissions by 75% in 9 months
- Thomas Lloyd – Increased ranking position for ‘traditional leather sofa bed’ from below the top 100 to position 3
What 3 top tips would you give for a client thinking about starting to use your service?
- Make a list of who you think your website competitors are and through search engine marketing research we can find out the gaps between your website and theirs
- Patience is key. Although it may take a little while to get your website ranking for certain key terms, it won’t take much maintenance for you to stay in that ranking position after
- PPC is great for driving visitors to your website while you work on increasing your organic traffic through SEO