We're a full-service digital agency looking to add to our brilliant team with the recruitment of a Business Development Assistant, to support our business development and account management teams based at our head office in Cardiff.
We don’t mind if you don’t have vast experience in writing tender responses or identifying new business opportunities, what we are looking for is someone willing to learn, extremely organised and with impeccable attention to detail, to help us refine and improve our current processes. You will support the conversion of ongoing opportunities with new and existing clients through a mixture of proposal writing, tender responses and first line qualification and requirements gathering over the phone. The role will be primarily office based with the requirement to attend meetings on an ad hoc basis.
The candidate must be ready to work in a fast paced, diverse, fun environment, and be confident in making sure that that proposals and tenders are delivered quickly and efficiently, surpassing the clients’ expectations whenever possible. You will work closely with the account management and business development team to manage and maintain proposal and tender assets to a high standard as well as be capable of creating proposals yourself (under clear guidance and support from the rest of our team).
The role is diverse and you will be working on multiple new opportunities on a weekly basis, and so the ideal candidate will be comfortable with a regular change in requirements and priorities.
- Provide operational support to the account management team & divisional head
- Develop ideas & initiatives that will improve our sales approach
- Identify new opportunities for the business
- Support the team to produce winning bids efficiently
- Supporting the team with continuous improvement activity to develop bidding strategy and process
- Assisting and supporting the business with proposals and presentations
- Generating high quality proposal/bid responses
- Reading and understanding tender documentation
- Helping provide analysis of bid wins and losses
- Monitoring a range of channels to support new bid opportunities
- Work with the wider team to obtain accurate information and costs
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a great team player
- Has excellent communication skills
- Is comfortable presenting to small groups of people
- Has a calm, organised and methodical mind-set
- Is a fast learner – you love a challenge and don't need to be told the same thing twice
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have a commitment to your own personal and professional development
In exchange we will work hard to keep the atmosphere great and keep your package competitive.
You can expect:
- Regular socials and team building activities with the rest of the team
- Profit share related bonus ensuring staff are rewarded financially for continued success
- Childcare voucher scheme if you have a young family
- Pension related benefits
- To work with awesome people
If you believe you are the perfect candidate please send us your covering letter and CV as soon as possible, detailing your recent experience and why you feel you would be perfect for the role.
If we feel we would work well together we'll invite you in for an informal chat as soon as possible.
- 40 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Salary to be agreed based on experience
- All applications and queries should be sent to email@example.com
Please remember that we do not accept CV’s that are not accompanied by a covering letter, the covering letter is your opportunity to tell us why you are right for the role, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
If you are a recruitment agent please do not get in touch, we have existing relationships with trusted partners who we can call on if we need them, we will not respond to uninvited emails or calls.